InterFood Astana 2016 Exhibition met the expectations of the industry specialists. The results of the exhibition.
The specialized exhibition InterFood Astana 2016 - “Food Industry” was held from May 25 to 27, 2016 in Astana, in “Korme” Exhibition Center.
For many years InterFood Astana Exhibition has been a professional platform for the presentation of food, drinks, ingredients and equipment for food industry, modern trends in catering and packaging industry. For many companies the participation in the exhibition provides opportunities to start cooperation with the enterprises of Kazakhstan and conclude new supply contracts.
- Organisers: Kazakhstan Exhibition Company “Iteca” jointly with its international partners ITE Group Plc.
- The total exhibition area was 1650 sq.m.
- Exhibitors: 83 companies from 14 countries: Belarus, Bulgaria, Hungary, Germany, Indonesia, Latvia, Lithuania, Korea, Kazakhstan, China, Russia, Turkey, Uzbekistan and Ukraine.
The largest number of participants was represented by the Russian Federation - 36%, Kazakhstan - 27%. 8% of the total number of exhibitors was represented by Belarus and 5% - by Ukraine. More than 24% have been made up by near and far abroad countries.
- Visitors: during three days of the exhibition 3348 people were registered.
Exposition: The largest number of products were presented in “Foodstuffs” section.
- “Confectionery and Bakery Products”: Class-Food-Servis/ Yoshlar Confectionary, Sladial, Sladus, Torabika Eka Semesta, Friends Company, Poltavakonditer, Radost detyam/ZVN.
- “Milk, Dairy Products, Fat and Oil Products, Cheese”: Landscape of Flavor, Svalia, Teskra, Kalinkovichi Dairy Plant, Molodechnensk Dairy Plant, Mytischinsk Dairy Plant, Slutsk Cheese-Making Plant.
- “Meat and Sausage Products, Ready Meals”: Qingdao Kangda Foodstuffs Co, IceCorpoKz, Alatau Kus, Vegus, Veles Meat, Grodno Meat Processing Plant, Minsk Meat Plant, “Rokos” Group of Companies, Shelf-2000 Elmir LTD.
- “Alcohol, Soft Drinks, Tea, Coffee”: Crystal Silk Kz, Golden Rill/”Hrustalnaya” Water, Serikov Coffee Company, Torabika Eka Semesta, Brig.
- “Canned Food”: Slavyansk Cannery/Lakonia, Region-K.
- “Food Additives, Ingredients, Spices, Herbs”: HaDo, Tree C Trading Co, VCA (Victory Central Asia), Aydigo, Biostar.
- “Equipment for Food Production and Processing, Bottling, Spare Parts and Components” section was represented by the following companies: KHS Gmbh, Tubes International Kazakhstan, Westfalia Kazakhstan, Adal Techno Trade, Evrokolesa, Specialnye Tehnologii Plyus, Stephan Machinery Saint Petersburg.
- “Confectionery and Bakery Equipment”: Corinox Bakery, TERMOTEHNIKA, Voshod, Makiz Ural, Favorit-Techno, Irtysh.
- In HORECA section there were refrigeration, commercial, display, processing equipment for supermarkets, shops and restaurants from “Scandi” Group of Companies, professional bar and restaurant glass, tableware, professional bar, kitchen and pastry equipment, electrical equipment, syrups, toppings and fruit puree, decorations for cocktails and desserts from the company Complex Bar KZ.
- In “Packaging Technology, Containers and Packaging” section the specialists had the opportunity to learn about the latest and established packaging samples for food, beverages and other areas of production, sealing and packaging materials, sausage casings, labels, as well as various offers of paper and polymer raw materials. In this sector, the following companies presented their products: Adanaz, Guala Clousers, Biostar, Gualapak Group, Interbeg plus, Kontrolnyi Paket, Legato, Upakservis-H Uralekopak, Tekhnologiya, Effect.
In addition, the exhibition was attended by the companies - major logistics services providers in Europe and in the CIS countries: Common Market Corporation, Kreiss Cargo.
For the first time the collective exposition of Khanty-Mansiysk Autonomous Okrug - Yugra with the support of “Yugra Export Support Center” Fund was presented at the exhibition (Region-K, Vinnikova IE, Kantyk-Yah).
SPECIAL EVENTS OF THE EXHIBITION:
For the first time in the framework of the Exhibition the Retail Centre – a platform for B2B meetings between the representatives of large cash & carry companies, retail and distribution networks, stores with food suppliers was organized. On the first day of the Exhibition, May 25th, the direct meetings by appointment between the food suppliers and representatives of retail chains and supermarkets took place. The trade networks as Galmart, Small, METRO Cash & Carry, Aprel, KENMART, Teremok took part in the Retail Centre.
Professional competition - food and beverages tasting “Traditions of Quality”.
In the framework of the Exhibition the annual professional competition - foods and beverages tasting “Traditions of Quality” was held. 17 companies which presented 48 kinds of food and beverages, participated in the contest. The companies, whose product samples gained highest rating points, were awarded the Certificate of Merit and Gold Medal. The winners had the right to place the medal logo on the label of the award-winning product.
The figures and facts of InterFood Astana 2016 Exhibition results are as follows:
- 26% of exhibitors signed contracts during the exhibition;
- 85% of exhibitors were satisfied with the exhibition;
- 49% of exhibitors rated the return on investment from participation in the exhibition as “good”, 29% rated as “satisfactory”, 13% - as “very good”;
- 56% of exhibitors are planning to take part in InterFood Astana 2017 Exhibition;
- For 92% of visitors visiting the exhibition is important;
- 54% of visitors noted that they influence the decisions on procurement, 36% - make the final decision on procurement;
- 81% of visitors were satisfied with the range of products presented in the exhibition;
- 75% of visitors will come to the exhibition next year, 22% of visitors answered “maybe”;
- The sections visitors were interested in: 57% - Foodstuffs and Beverages; 21% - Equipment for Food Industry; 13% - Food Additives and Ingredients; 9% - Packaging Technology, Containers and Packaging.
The organisers express their gratitude to all partners, exhibitors and specialized media for fruitful collaboration. We sincerely wish you prosperity, achieving the goals, sustained business growth and success in all your endeavours! We hope to continue our cooperation and invite you to participate in “InterFood Astana 2017”. Next year InterFood Astana 2017 Exhibition will be held on May 30 - June 01, 2017 in “Korma” Exhibition Center.
A list of exhibitors, an exhibition catalogue with the description of the companies’ activities, photos and video materials are available on the website of the exhibition www.interfoodastana.kz