Post Show Report of InterFood Astana 2014
48% of InterFood Astana 2014 participating companies signed contracts and reached specific agreements during the Exhibition!
The Specialized Exhibition InterFood Astana 2014 - "Food Industry" took place in "Korme" Exhibition Center in Astana from April 16 to 18 2014.
Organizers: Kazakhstan Exhibition Company "Iteca" in cooperation with international partners of ITE Group Plc (United Kingdom), ITE China (China), Gima (Germany).
Official Support: Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Astana Chamber of Trade and Commerce, Trade Mission of the Russian Federation in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
InterFood Astana 2014 Exhibition Statistics:
The total exhibition area: 1400 sq.m.
Exhibition Participants: 71 companies from 12 countries: Belarus, Germany, Italy, China, Kazakhstan, Korea, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Russia, Uzbekistan and Ukraine.
The exhibition annually demonstrates stable growth in the number of Kazakhstani companies - 47% of all participants, 27% - foreign companies from non-CIS countries, 26% - companies from CIS and abroad.
3 420 specialists were registered during three days of the exhibition.
Visitors' Scope of Activities:
- 28% - Foodstuffs, drinks
- 11% - Food equipment
- 27% - Distributors
- 12% - Trade
- 10% - Restaurants, cafes
- 8% - Printing, services, packaging
- 1% - Hotels
- 1% - Ministries, departments
- 2% - Other
- 25% - Director / Owner
- 18% - Head of Department / Chief
- 13% - Purchasing Specialist / Sales Specialist
- 34% - Middle Manager
- 10% - Other
Kazakhstani and foreign suppliers at their stands showed the new foodstuffs, drinks, ingredients, food industry equipments and packaging technologies. Exhibition visitors had an opportunity to get acquainted with the equipment for manufacturing of confectionery, bakery, meat, pasta and semi-finished products, fruit and vegetables processing machines, with equipment for packaging, packing, labeling, packaging materials, containers and many other products. Numerous presentations of existing equipment were represented during the exhibition.
The Chinese National Team was represented at InterFood Astana 2014 for the first time. At their team stand, 11 companies of the Chinese manufacturers represented their various kinds of teas.
Professional tasting competition of foodstuffs and drinks -"Tradition of Quality".
The annual professional tasting competition of foodstuffs and drinks "Tradition of Quality" was held at the exhibition.
18 companies that presented 74 kinds of foodstuffs and drinks participated in that competition. Awards ceremony took place at the official evening reception, dedicated to the opening of the InterFood Astana 2014 exhibition. Companies whose product samples got the highest grade were awarded with Honorary Diploma and Gold Medal. The winners obtained the right to add medal logo on the label of award-winning product.
Winners of the "Tradition of Quality" tasting competition
"Soft Drinks" Category:
- "Keremet SU CKE" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- HAUS RABENHORST O. Lauffs GmbH & Co. KG (Germany)
- "OBIS Company" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- "Eray Company" LLC (Kyrgyzstan)
"Meat- Sausages Products, Meat" Category:
- "Meat Processing Plant BIJAN" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- "Ayan-Ozat" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- JSC "Ust-Kamenogorsk Poultry Plant" (Kazakhstan)
- SP "Udovitchenko Galina Petrovna" and TM "Stavropol Delicatesse" (Russia)
"Fat-and-Oil Products" Category:
- CT "Zenchenko & K" (Kazakhstan)
- "Sezam Eco" LLP
- "Vostokselhozproduct" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- "Natizhe Sut Fabrikasi" LLP (Kazakhstan)
"Pastry, Flour Products" Category:
- "Madlen-kz" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- "ViZaVi Company" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- JSC "Saratovskaya" Confectionery (Russia)
- JSC "Novosibirskaya" Chocolate Factory (Russia)
"Milk, Fermented Milk Products" Category:
- "Zenchenko & K" Company (Kazakhstan)
- "Natizhe Sut Fabrikasi" LLP (Kazakhstan)
- "Carlsberg Kazakhstan" LLP
- "T.D. Hermes" LLC (Russia)
The winners of "Best Stand Design" awarded with Diplomas:
1st place –JSC "Bayan Sulu".
The winners of "Best Exposition":
- "The most technology exposition" category: Makiz Ural / SP Prisyazhny V.S.
- "Corporate style incarnation" category: "Favorit-Techno" LLP
- "Discovery of the Year" category (successful debut): HAUS RABENHORST O. Lauffs GmbH & Co. KG.;
- "Effective use of the exhibition space category": "PKF MiM Ltd" LLP; "ESfeniks" LLP.
- "Inspiration" category (for creative approach to products presentation) – OJSIK "Kommunarka".
- The most "delicious" stand category: "Novosibirskaya"Chocolate Factory.
- "The best tasting table"category: "Bashkir honey".
EXHIBITORS QUESTIONNAIRE RESULTS:
1. How would you rate the overall result of the exhibition?
- 70% - good
- 17% - excellent
- 13% - satisfactorily
2. How do you estimate the number of professionals at the exhibition?
- 48% - good
- 26% - excellent
- 23% - satisfactorily
- 3% - poor
3. Did you sign any contracts, whether specific agreements were reached during the exhibition?
- 48% - yes
- 52% - no
4. How do you rate the organization of the exhibition as a whole?
- 69% - good
- 21% - excellent
- 10% - satisfactorily
5. Does your company plan to participate in the exhibition in the coming year?
- 25% - yes
- 71% - perhaps
- 4% - no
Kazakhstan Newsline, AgroAlem Business Spectrum of Kazakhstan, True Bread, Yellow Pages, Inform-West, PH "Contract" Pronto-Akmola, Astana Restaurants, quality World newspaper, EuroBAK Association, expocom.ru, Newsline.kz, oborud.info, goodsmatrix.ru, foodmarkets.ru websites.
List of participants, describing the company activities is available on the exhibition's website www.interfoodastana.kz
The exhibition organizers are grateful to all the partners, exhibitors and specialized media for the fruitful collaboration. We sincerely wish you prosperity, to achieve your goals, progressive business development and good luck in all your endeavors! We hope to continue our cooperation and invite you to participate in the «InterFood Astana 2015". The InterFood Astana 2015 exhibition next year will be held on May 28-30, 2015 in "Korme" Exhibition Center.